Best of H+ Magazine, Vol.1: 2008-2010
Best of H+ Magazine, Vol. 1 is edited by counterculture legend R.U. Sirius, and brought to you by futurist organization Humanity+. It is our great privilege to live in an era when H+ - the extension of humanity beyond its traditional biological form - is not merely fantasy but a reasonable description of the practical, everyday unfolding of science and technology. H+ Magazine has provided a venue for edgy, creative thinking about H+ technologies and ideas since it was founded in 2008. This volume collects some of the best H+ Magazine articles from the magazine's first few years, when it was edited by legendary futurist R.U. Sirius.
Table of Contents
- Preface by Ben Goertzel
- Preface by R.U. Sirius
- The Rise of the Citizen Scientist
- Why DIY Bio?
- Re-Engineering the Human Immune System
- Self Tracking: The Quantified Life is Worth Living
- From Hackerspace to Your Garage
- Scrapheap Transhumanism DIY RFID
- Radically Enhanced Human Body
- Our Machines/Ourselves: AI/Bots/The Singularity
- Ray Kurzweil: The H+ Interview
- Brain on a Chip: A Roundup of Projects Working on Silicon Intelligence
- The Chinese Singularity
- Build an Optimal Scientist, Then Retire
- Here Come the Neurobots: Brain Bots are Developing Personalities - and a Whole Lot More
- Can "Terminators" Actually Be Our Salvation
- Chronic Citizen: Jonathan Lethem on P.K. Dick
- Isn't It Time for Cinematic Sci-Fi Television?
- Let a Hundred Futures Bloom
- The Reluctant Transhumanist
- Was Michael Jackson a Transhumanist?
- Gene Genies: BIO
- Adventures in Synthetic Biology: Interview with Stanford's Drew Endy
- Eight Ways In-Vitro Meat Will Change Our Lives
- One Atom at a Time: Nano
- How Close Are We to Real Nanotechnology?
- Targeting Cancer Cells with Nanoparticles
- Engineering an End to Aging
- Smart Biology to the Rescue
- I Am Ironman!: HAL (Hybrid Assistive Limb) Cybernetic Suit
- My New Sense Organ
- Sports Enhancement and Life Enhancement: Different Rules Apply
- Botox Parties, Michael Jackson, and the Disillusioned Transhumanist
- This is Your Brain on Neurotechnology
- Optogenetics: The Edge of Neural Control
- Cognitive Commodities in the Neuro Marketplace
- Will We Eventually Upload Our Minds?
- Transhumanism at Play
- Gamification: Turning Work Into Play
- The Perils of FDS Fun Deficiency Syndrome
- The Pursuit of Crappiness
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.