Structured around a clear framework, the text first builds up the basic ideas of systems and shows how hard 'OR' incorporates these concepts into its modelling process
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
'For those wishing to understand how MS/OR work is really done, Management Science provides an excellent introduction. Instead of assuming that MS/OR is a set of techniques and demonstrating its use on simple artificial problems, this book places MS/OR in the context of real decision-making and the processes by which decisions are made.' - Professor Stewart Robinson, Associate Dean Research, Loughborough University, UKVom Verlag:
Management Science provides a comprehensive, accessible overview of the subject, incorporating a broad set of approaches and tools. The authors explore both 'soft' and 'hard' methodologies and highlight conceptual aspects rather than the mathematics of the techniques or computer methods. The book is therefore suitable for students and readers with a wide range of mathematical abilities at both the undergraduate and MBA level.
The book bases management science within a clear systems thinking framework. Ideas and concepts are demonstrated with real-life examples and case studies. Readers are shown how decision making over time, under uncertainty, and subject to constraints, multiple objectives, and value and perception conflicts can be modelled, all within this system thinking framework.
The second edition of Management Science offers:
• an emphasis on problem formulation, indicating how management science and operational research techniques fit into the wider problem-solving process
• revised chapters on queuing, simulation, and problem structuring methods
• updated coverage of forecasting, linear and integer programming
• new sections on the role of management science consultants
• improved pedagogy, navigation and design
• up-to-date coverage of software
• real-world case studies, encouraging the reader to apply the concepts studied
Comprehensive student and lecturer resources are available at www.palgrave.com/business/daellenbach2.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.