The first edition of The Comedy of Errors, developed by and for the RSC, with unique material including a new introduction from Jonathan Bate and interviews with important directors
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
'A triumphant addition to our times.' - Fiona Shaw, The TimesVom Verlag:
'Informative, thought-provoking and humane.' - Dr Colin Burrow, University of Oxford
From the Royal Shakespeare Company - a fresh new edition of Shakespeare's anarchic comedy
THIS EDITION INCLUDES:
• An illuminating introduction to The Comedy of Errors by award-winning scholar Jonathan Bate
• The play - with clear and authoritative explanatory notes on each page
• A helpful scene-by-scene analysis and key facts about the play
• An introduction to Shakespeare's career and the Elizabethan theatre
• A rich exploration of approaches to staging the play featuring photographs of key productions
The most enjoyable way to understand a Shakespeare play is to see it or participate in it. This unique edition presents a historical overview of The Comedy of Errors in performance, recommends film versions, takes a detailed look at specific productions and includes interviews with three leading directors – Paul Hunter, Nancy Meckler and Tim Supple – so that we may get a sense of the extraordinary variety of interpretations that are possible, a variety that gives Shakespeare his unique capacity to be reinvented and made 'our contemporary' four centuries after his death.
Ideal for students, theatre-goers, actors and general readers, the RSC Shakespeare plays offer an accessible and contemporary approach to reading and rediscovering Shakespeare's works for the twenty-first century.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.